CINCINNATI -- Six liquor stores and a handful of the people who work there are busted for selling booze to underage buyers.
On July 15, the Cincinnati Police Department Vice Unit conducted random checks of liquor establishments in District 5 to see if they were in compliance with state liquor laws.
"We've had (complaints) where your child goes out, gets alcohol from a location and gets in trouble, gets arrested," said Cpt. Paul Neudigate. "The parents are calling and they want something done because they feel that contributed to the situation the child found themselves in."
As a result of the sting operation, the following individuals were cited after they were found selling liquor sales to persons under the age of 21. Three of the six locations are on Hamilton Avenue.
- Misgina Araya, 36. The location of the offense was the Northside Beer Drive Thru at 4691 Hamilton Ave.
- Ritish Sharma, 24. The location of the offense was the Amarshop Food Mart at 951 North Bend Rd.
- Brahim El Hafssi, 31. The location of the offense was the BP Gas Station at 3949 Spring Grove Ave.
- Aliou Aliou, 36. The location of the offense was the Ada Market at 4005 Hamilton Ave.
- Abderrahim Mezmez, 27. The location of the offense was the Marathon Gas Station at 4200 Kirby Ave.
- Muhammad Usman, 36. The location of the offense was the Dairy Mart at 5804 Hamilton Ave.
Each store was issued at least one citation.