HILLSBORO, Ohio - Seven people are in police custody after a major drug bust in Highland County early Wednesday morning.
An investigation into drug trafficking complaints led Hillsboro Police Department to search a home in the 400 block of North High Street and another home in the 500 block of North East Street at about 12:30 a.m. In the Hillsboro houses, police say they seized evidence suspected to be heroin, a small amount of marijuana, a large amount of drug paraphernalia and cash from both locations.
Also in the house located in the 500 block of North East Street, police found two small juveniles both around 2 years old. The children are now in the care of Highland County Children Services.
The department's special response team used two canines to help located the drugs in the houses. Officials say no one was injured when the searches occurred.
Police charged the following individuals:
- Sandra Lamb, 22, of Hillsboro is charged with three counts of trafficking in illegal drugs and three counts of possession of a controlled substance.
- Rodney Steward, 48, of Hillsboro is charged with two counts trafficking in illegal drugs, two counts of possession of a controlled substance and two counts of complicity to trafficking in illegal drugs.
- Robert Woodyard, 31, of Hillsboro is charged with one count of possession of a controlled substance.
- Christopher Brigner, 28, of Hillsboro is charged with possession of drugs paraphernalia.
- Stephanie Blair, 24, of Hillsboro is charged with possession of drug abuse instrument.
- Brianna LaLonde, 20, of Blanchester, Ohio, was arrested on an outstanding bench warrant.
- Eldon Lamb, 24, of Hillsboro was arrested on an outstanding bench warrant.
Officials have not released any additional details at this time.
All of the suspects police arrested are scheduled to appear in Hillsboro Municipal Court at 8 a.m. Wednesday.
Stay with 9 News and WCPO.com for updates as they become available.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.