CINCINNATI - The Tuesday before Thanksgiving is one of the biggest travel days of the year and while some are bracing for a long weekend with the in-laws, many are gearing up for the cost at the pump.
So before you head out the door to begin your holiday travels this week, you may want to check out gas prices in the Tri-State.
Gas prices in the national are on the rise, with an average of $3.42 in Ohio. As of Tuesday morning, the cheapest gas prices in the Cincinnati ranged from $3.15-$3.22, with the least expensive north of the city near Mason. For those traveling south or in Northern Kentucky, prices were slightly higher with the cheapest prices ranging from $3.29-$3.33.
Below are some of the best gas prices in Cincinnati, based on information provided by GasBuddy.com .
- $3.15, BP, 9855 Mason Montgomery Road
- $3.17, UDF, 7956 Mason Montgomery Road at Socialville Foster Road
- $3.19, UDF, 3502 Main Street in Newtown
- $3.20, Speedway, 5030 Batavia Pike
- $3.22, UDF, 6643 OH-48 in Maineville
For Northern Kentucky:
- $3.29, UDF 509 Licking Pike, Wilder, Ky.
- $3.30, BP 9274 Alexandria Pike
- $3.31, UDF 9242 Alexandria Pike at KY 536
- $3.32, Meijer 5400 Alexandria Pike at AA Highway
- $3.33, Swifty, 3200 Madison Pike near Howard Litzler Road
Also keep in mind that about 43.6 million Americans will be traveling this weekend, so here are a few tips to make traveling a little easier.
- Stay on a beaten path, more accident happen on unfamiliar roads
- Avoid driving between 5 p.m.-7 p.m., fatal crashes increase 20 percent during those hours
- Keep your eyes peeled for deer
For the latest gas prices visit http:// www.wcpo.com /subindex/traffic/gas_prices so you can find the best prices near you or your destination this holiday.
Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving!
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.