COVINGTON, Ky. – A home in Covington is considered a total loss after an early-morning fire.
The fire was first reported at about 1:30 a.m. Friday at a home in the 1900 block of Scott Street.
Crews said the fire started on the second floor, but the floor collapsed to the first floor.
Firefighters said the homeowner was asleep next door when crews arrived. Rescuers had to break his door down to find the man after he didn’t respond to phone calls.
Fire crews said no one was injured in the fire and it is under investigation.