CINCINNATI - The dog days of summer might be early, but that hasn't stopped them from barking down doors in the Tri-State. Need a relief from the heat? Don't worry, we've got 9 ways you can stay cool this weekend.
1. Your Cincinnati Reds are back in town and Great American Ball Park is offering ways to cool down . You can beat the heat at a Reds game with courtesy cups of water and ice. Fans are also allowed to bring opened bottles of water into the park, enjoy misting stations and air-conditioned "cool rooms."
2. Who doesn't love a cool sweet treat? Graeter's is offering sugar cones for $1.43 this Sunday in honor of National Ice Cream Day. If you're not feeling Graeter's you can check out other local ice cream staples, like United Dairy Farmers, Whippty-Do or Putz's Creamy Whip, to name a few.
3. Cincinnati is making sure sanitation workers stay out of the heat too. So if you live in the city, be sure to have your trash out by 5:30 a.m. on your garbage collection day .
4. No air conditioner? No problem. You can go to a number of Cincinnati Recreation Centers to cool down.
5. Swimming pools are also an option on hot summer days. Here's a schedule for CRC pools here .
6. Staying indoors to keep out of the humidity? Then take a look at this "cool" music video University of Cincinnati President Santa Ono stars in. The video is in honor of Walk The Moon, the band headlining U.C.'s Red and Black Bash.
7. Movies are another way to spend a few air-conditioned hours. Dreamworks' "Turbo" debuts this week.
8. Looking for a live show instead? The Cincinnati Opera debuts "Aida " this weekend.
9. Maybe you like the heat after all. If so, the Warren and Butler County fair, complete with tractor pulls and a slice of the best pie in the country, might be for you.
Keep updated on weather conditions with 9 First Warning Weather! http://www.wcpo.com/subindex/weather
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.