CINCINNATI - A legal settlement filed in court Monday morning dropped the charges in all but one case against Occupy Cincinnati protesters.
The defendant whose case was not dropped, Hugh Hirsch, never responded to the attorneys who represented Occupy Cincinnati.
Cincinnati dismissed hundreds of charges against the protesters in return for protesters dropping their federal lawsuit against the city.
Occupy Cincinnati members announced the agreement Monday on the steps of City Hall. The agreement also establishes a 24-hour public space in the park where protesters were cited last year on charges of trespassing and failure to leave the park after hours.
Occupy Cincinnati member Aaron Roco calls the agreement a victory for constitutional rights and for Cincinnati residents.
A spokeswoman for the city manager says the city always was concerned with safety and enjoyment of the park and is pleased the matter is settled.
The protesters were part of a movement that started about six months ago on Wall Street against what demonstrators say is economic inequality.
Occupy protesters told 9 News in December that the arrests were a violation of first amendment rights and they were just at the park to express themselves and be heard.
Protesters said the group is still active, holding regular meetings.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.