- Light rain
CINCINNATI - From sleeping, to studying, to exercising or having a beer, University of Cincinnati students took to Twitter to talk about what they did on what officials say is the school's first snow day in two years.
Jeremy Martin, UC's director of digital communications, mans the @UofCincy Twitter. Although the school's emergency management team took care of breaking the news of canceled classes on March 6, Martin asked students how they planned to spend the day.
Engaging students through social media is a good way for the school to keep in touch with students, he explained.
"It's part of our overall strategy with social media to do that, to engage with our constituents," Martin said. "Our students are our No. 1 group that would follow us in any social media platform."
WCPO 9 On Your Side tweeted to UC students asking what they did on their day off from classes. Here are some responses Bearcats sent:
- @Benjamin_Keefe: @WCPO @uofcincy I am in Sarasota, FL enjoying warm weather and the beach
- @stilljustKeith: @WCPO @uofcincy I could lie and say I'm studying for my exam that got pushed back or tell the truth and say playing basketball
- @UCCampusRec: @WCPO @uofcincy Getting swoll from home!
- @Alliruth: @WCPO we're going to @Skyline_Chili and watching mo IRS at @UCDelts all day! #snowday
- @mizzMARIE13: @WCPO @uofcincy SLEEPING IN!!!
- @dektasca: @WCPO @uofcincy reading the paper and chilling. Canceled exam = no worries.
- @BearcatKeegan: "@WCPO: "Hey @UofCincy students: we want to know what you're doing on your snow day. Tweet at us!" Snow day = Day drinking.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Friday brings a wintry mix of snow and freezing rain.
A Winter Storm Warning has been issued for Tri-State communities in effect from 1 a.m. Friday through 1 a.m. Saturday.
With possible snow on the way and the temperatures dropping, many parents are asking whether their kids’ schools will be closed Friday.
A wintry storm pushing through the western half of the country is bringing bitterly cold temperatures that prompted safety warnings for…
The holiday season is right around the corner, when 40 million Americans are expected to travel more than 50 miles away from home. They may…
Need weather updates? Information to help you plan around potentially hampering winter weather conditions.
AAA lays out some emergency tips in case you get stuck in the snow. The key is to be ready now, and their slogan is, "How to go on the…
Several schools are announcing delays as a winter storm rolls through the Tri-State.
Snowflakes scatter across Tri-State counties Nov. 26, 2013.
A Winter Storm Warning and Advisory has expired in counties across the Tri-State.