A device was thrown onto the porch area of a multi-family home in Avondale early Thursday that caused a small fire.
There's more to the story when you become an Insider. WCPO Insider's membership is an additional benefit on top of everything you can get for free on WCPO.com. We created an entire digital organization dedicated to bringing you exclusive access to in-depth stories that you can’t get anywhere else, handpicked events, and incredible savings on things you love to do. To find out more click here.
CINCINNATI -- A device was thrown onto the porch area of a multi-family home in Avondale early Thursday that caused a small fire.
The incident happened at about 2 a.m. at the home in the 3400 block of Harvey Avenue, according to police.
Officials say the "incendiary device" was a rock with liquid on it.
An incendiary device is described as a weapon designed to start fires or destroy sensitive equipment using fire, that use materials such as napalm, thermite or chlorine trifluoride.
The device caused a small fire that was put out by a resident before fire crews arrived on scene.
No injuries were reported.
The incident is under investigation.