CINCINNATI - The little boy shot during an attempted drive-by shooting in Avondale earlier this week is out of the hospital and recovering at home.
Four-year-old Khyren Landrum's mother Aiesha Landrum spoke with 9 News after her son was released from Children's Hospital Thursday afternoon.
The preschooler was shot in the buttocks by a single bullet as he walked home from the park with his sisters near the 800 block of Blair Avenue Tuesday evening.
Khyren's mother says he will need to use a wheelchair to get around during the initial stages of his recovery.
"They thought he needed surgery, but he didn't. He is doing a lot better now," Landrum said from outside their Blair Avenue home.
She says Khyren is usually an outgoing kid with tons of energy. Since the shooting Khyren has been quiet, but has been begging his mother to move to a new home.
"He knows he got shot. I'll be glad when someone steps up and says who shot him," Landrum said.
Residents in the Avondale community are fighting back against the violence. They joined Cincinnati City Council member Cecil Thomas Wednesday night during an impromptu street rally calling for a stop to the violence.
Fliers were passed out encouraging residents to come forward with information about the shooting.
Thomas said police have questioned a possible suspect in the shooting. However, no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (513)352-3040. You can remain anonymous and may receive cash if your clues lead to an arrest.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.