CINCINNATI - It’s Halloween week, meaning it’s time to pull out the costumes and candy, even if it might be a rainy All Hallows Eve. We’ll tell you more about it in the 9 things to know this week.
1. Expect a pretty pleasant weather week, until Halloween night. A cold front is expected Thursday, according to the 9 First Warning Weather forecast.
2. Gas prices are dipping this week! According to AAA a gallon of gas costs $3.21 on average in Ohio.
3. The Cincinnati Bengals plowed past the New York Jets this week, beating them 49 to 9. They’ll play the Miami Dolphins in Miami on Halloween night.
4. If you know many babies named Emma or William in Cincinnati there's a good reason. They’re the top baby names Cincinnatians chose in 2012, according to a list released this week by the Cincinnati Health Department.
5. Taking the kids to trick-or-treat means you’ll want to know when they can get goodies in your neighborhood. Here’s a list of Tri-State trick-or-treat times.
6. Speaking of trick-or-treat, if you’re planning on handing out candy then you’ll want to check out John Matarese’s story on the lowest Halloween candy prices so you don’t waste your money.
7. Finally, if you want to show off your costume, your kid’s costume or your pet’s costume you can email us at NewsDesk@WCPO.com, post it to our Facebook wall or tweet @WCPO. You could see it in our Halloween Facebook album or on Good Morning Tri-State.
8. Parents, you’ll want to know about a report from the Journal Pediatrics that came out this week. It claims healthy children can die from the flu if they don’t get vaccinated.
9. November 1 is the beginning of National Adoption Month. Here are a few resources:
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Founder and CEO Sam Ulu aims to connect photographers of all skill levels with clients, wherever they may be. He sees Kandid.ly as part…
The Ohio Supreme Court is being asked to decide the five-year-old dispute over property taxes at city-owned golf courses.
Book lovers will soon have three more places to crack open a good novel.
A look at those due in court April 21, 2014.
A wrap-up of local stories happening Monday, April 21, 2014.
A woman police say overdosed on heroin with her boyfriend at a McDonald's play area near Cincinnati is facing trial.
All your Monday morning traffic delays.
The highs, the lows, the "what the hecks?!" of being a Reds fan so far during the 2014 season.
The Over-the-Rhine Community Council hosted an afternoon-long event that combined the food, music and egg hunt of a traditional Easter…
Three robbery suspects are on the loose after after a University of Cincinnati student was beaten up inside his own apartment during a brazen…