LOVELAND, Ohio - Gingerbread houses come in all shapes and sizes, and a contest in Loveland is showing off six of them.
The Gingerbread Village Pantry Competition at RSVP Event Center has returned after a 10-year hiatus. The artists constructed cinnamon-scented structures to compete for a cash prize that will be donated to their favorite charity.
Management at Village Pantry Catering/RSVP Event Center will donate $200 to a charity picked by the creators of the gingerbread house that receives the most votes.
This year's contestants are (you can see photos of the competing gingerbread houses on the left-hand side of this page):
1. "Home for the Holidays" by Jill Heltman - Dedicated to Vanessa Quinn (Antrobus) Oak Hills High School Scholarship Fund
2. "Christmas Cottage" by Michele Hardrick - Dedicated to Cincinnati Early Learning Centers, Inc. (CELC)
3. "Joy to the World" by Joy Ward - Dedicated to Rise andRise Again Foundation
4. "Nativity" by Sarah Marie Bepler - Dedicated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cincinnati
5. "Whoville" by Cathy Kreiner - Dedicated to Milford School Foundation
6. "Peace on Earth" Vegan Gingerbread House by Kelly Grierson - Dedicated to Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary
If you'd like to participate in this year's contest, you can go to the reception hall located at 453 Wards Corner Road, visit the competition website or visit one of RSVP's Facebook pages (the links will be posted below)
Facebook 1: http://www.facebook.com/VillagePantryCatering#!/
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.