CINCINNATI - Could our water hold billions of dollars? Will the Reds grab a wild card spot? And are you ready to rock at MidPoint Music Fest? Only time will tell. Check out our 9 things to know this week.
1. Finally feels like fall, doesn’t it? Your 9 First Warning Weather forecast has fall temperatures for the beginning of the week, but you might see highs hitting 80 before the week is out.
2. The Cincinnati Reds could clinch a spot in the postseason this week and you could watch it at Great American Ball Park against the New York Mets or Pittsburgh Pirates.
- ICYMI > Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburgh Pirates: Billy Hamilton shines as Reds beat Pirates 11-3 to tie for wild card lead
3. Can’t get enough of your Cincinnati Bengals? They play this weekend, too. They’ll face the Browns in Cleveland on Sunday at 1 p.m.
4. Summer construction season might be over, but a number of new construction projects start this week. We’ve got the latest on that here.
5. Cincinnati’s liquid assets might not be what you think. WCPO has partnered with WVXU to examine the Tri-State’s water technology potential. It could be worth billions.
6. It’s been three years since Florence teen and mother Paige Johnson disappeared in Covington. A vigil is being held in her honor in Covington on Sept. 23.
7. If you live in the city of Cincinnati and want to talk to your city council member about your neighborhood, now’s the time. The Candidate-Citizen Conversation will be held on Sept. 23. Our story includes a list of other upcoming forums and debates.
8. It’s MidPoint Music Festival week, which means you can expect a large number of locals rocking out downtown. WCPO will have be attending the event and you can catch up on what you need to know before it starts from Arts and Entertainment reporter Matt Peiken.
9. It’s a Facebook face-off! We like Kathrine Nero and John Matarese a whole bunch and want to see how many fans they can get on Facebook. So Good Morning Tri-State and Don’t Waste Your Money fans, login to your Facebook account and “like” either Kathrine or John!
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Police are asking the community for help in finding a missing 2-year-old they believe was taken by her intoxicated grandfather.
A wrap-up of local stories happening Thursday, April 24, 2014.
All your Thursday morning traffic delays.
Aroldis Chapman got closer to returning to the Reds Wednesday when he pitched batting practice and manager Bryan Price pronounced him in…
Bengals will battle Steelers down the stretch twice
Five months of investigating led police to make a drug bust and arrest five people in Middletown on Wednesday.
Alfredo Simon pitched into the seventh inning despite erratic control, Jay Bruce drove in a run for a fifth consecutive game and the…
Newport officials honored a Tri-State woman for saving two lives at different times in one day.
Are you ready for some football? The 2014 Bengals full schedule is now here!
Black community members from across Cincinnati teamed together at Wednesday's City Council meeting against Councilman…