- Partly cloudy
CINCINNATI - Could our water hold billions of dollars? Will the Reds grab a wild card spot? And are you ready to rock at MidPoint Music Fest? Only time will tell. Check out our 9 things to know this week.
1. Finally feels like fall, doesn’t it? Your 9 First Warning Weather forecast has fall temperatures for the beginning of the week, but you might see highs hitting 80 before the week is out.
2. The Cincinnati Reds could clinch a spot in the postseason this week and you could watch it at Great American Ball Park against the New York Mets or Pittsburgh Pirates.
- ICYMI > Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburgh Pirates: Billy Hamilton shines as Reds beat Pirates 11-3 to tie for wild card lead
3. Can’t get enough of your Cincinnati Bengals? They play this weekend, too. They’ll face the Browns in Cleveland on Sunday at 1 p.m.
4. Summer construction season might be over, but a number of new construction projects start this week. We’ve got the latest on that here.
5. Cincinnati’s liquid assets might not be what you think. WCPO has partnered with WVXU to examine the Tri-State’s water technology potential. It could be worth billions.
6. It’s been three years since Florence teen and mother Paige Johnson disappeared in Covington. A vigil is being held in her honor in Covington on Sept. 23.
7. If you live in the city of Cincinnati and want to talk to your city council member about your neighborhood, now’s the time. The Candidate-Citizen Conversation will be held on Sept. 23. Our story includes a list of other upcoming forums and debates.
8. It’s MidPoint Music Festival week, which means you can expect a large number of locals rocking out downtown. WCPO will have be attending the event and you can catch up on what you need to know before it starts from Arts and Entertainment reporter Matt Peiken.
9. It’s a Facebook face-off! We like Kathrine Nero and John Matarese a whole bunch and want to see how many fans they can get on Facebook. So Good Morning Tri-State and Don’t Waste Your Money fans, login to your Facebook account and “like” either Kathrine or John!
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Police responded to the scene of an active bank robbery on Houston Road Saturday afternoon.
David Hensley makes a spectacle of himself every time he walks down the halls of Cincinnati State. And he couldn't be happier.
The congregants of Temple Sholom have formed a wide range of community partnerships, including a collaboration…
Nick Goepper talks about girls, turning 20, his dating contest, being a role model and his plans in an interview with WCPO.
Kentucky State Police charged a Carroll County, Ky. man on Friday with the murder of his 2-year-old son.
CINCINNATI -- This week on Pet Pals, Meg Stephenson from the Animal Friends Humane Society in Hamilton, joined us with two furry friends that…
Violence erupted Friday night outside a nightclub on Reading Road.
This week, the Valentine Day's snow storm was no match for a couple's love. And, two engagements set the stage for summer weddings.
A woman was shot in her knee while sitting outside on her Avondale balcony Friday night.
Police identified the man who died after he was shot in the chest late Friday afternoon in Over-the-Rhine. A suspect was arraigned in court…