CINCINNATI - Could our water hold billions of dollars? Will the Reds grab a wild card spot? And are you ready to rock at MidPoint Music Fest? Only time will tell. Check out our 9 things to know this week.
1. Finally feels like fall, doesn’t it? Your 9 First Warning Weather forecast has fall temperatures for the beginning of the week, but you might see highs hitting 80 before the week is out.
2. The Cincinnati Reds could clinch a spot in the postseason this week and you could watch it at Great American Ball Park against the New York Mets or Pittsburgh Pirates.
- ICYMI > Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburgh Pirates: Billy Hamilton shines as Reds beat Pirates 11-3 to tie for wild card lead
3. Can’t get enough of your Cincinnati Bengals? They play this weekend, too. They’ll face the Browns in Cleveland on Sunday at 1 p.m.
4. Summer construction season might be over, but a number of new construction projects start this week. We’ve got the latest on that here.
5. Cincinnati’s liquid assets might not be what you think. WCPO has partnered with WVXU to examine the Tri-State’s water technology potential. It could be worth billions.
6. It’s been three years since Florence teen and mother Paige Johnson disappeared in Covington. A vigil is being held in her honor in Covington on Sept. 23.
7. If you live in the city of Cincinnati and want to talk to your city council member about your neighborhood, now’s the time. The Candidate-Citizen Conversation will be held on Sept. 23. Our story includes a list of other upcoming forums and debates.
8. It’s MidPoint Music Festival week, which means you can expect a large number of locals rocking out downtown. WCPO will have be attending the event and you can catch up on what you need to know before it starts from Arts and Entertainment reporter Matt Peiken.
9. It’s a Facebook face-off! We like Kathrine Nero and John Matarese a whole bunch and want to see how many fans they can get on Facebook. So Good Morning Tri-State and Don’t Waste Your Money fans, login to your Facebook account and “like” either Kathrine or John!
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
This third installment of WCPO's occasional series shows the next phase of work in the development of Park West in historic Over-the-Rhine.
A man was arrested Friday in connection with two burglaries earlier this week involving a stranger who entered the bedrooms of women while…
If you want to pick up tickets left for you by a player at a stadium, you most show a photo ID at will call. Same if you want to cash a…
Alfredo Simon lowered his ERA to 0.86, and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 4-1 Friday for their 16th win in their last 17…
Cincinnati Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips left Friday's game against the Chicago Cubs because of back spasms.
“We are under attack.” That was a statement by Kenton County Sheriff Chuck Korzenborn Friday in a plea for urgency to combat the…
This time of year, high school seniors are deciding where to go to college. For many young women and their parents, the issue of campus…
Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman has been cleared to throw batting practice for the first time since he was hit in the face…
The Treasury Dept. has seized thousands of refunds to recover government overpayments - mainly in Social Security benefits - from…
Vote for the best restaurant in the Tri-State out of the 4 eateries left!