CINCINNATI - From last week's snow to this week's bitter cold, we've got the 9 things to know this week.
1. Expect a cold week after the snow from last week, with the 9 First Warning Weather forecast predicting highs that barely break freezing this week.
2. Prices at the pump are rising, after dropping to around $3 a gallon. They average price of gas in Ohio is $3.24 this week.
3. The Bengals defeated the Indianapolis Colts Sunday, bringing their record to 9-4. They take on the Pittsburgh Steelers at 8:30 p.m. next week in Pittsburgh.
4. Cincinnati streetcar supporters aren’t giving up and want voters to sound off on the project, again. They’re expected to announce a ballot initiative Monday about the project.
5. Toy Team 9 has been moved! Last week’s inclement weather caused us to change Toy Team 9 to this Saturday, Dec. 14. We’re looking to collect 9,999 toys for needy children at local Kroger stores. Read more here.
6. Aron Ralston, a man who cut off his arm to free himself from a boulder, and inspired the movie “127 Hours” is in jail. He’s been accused of domestic violence.
7. If you need to sign up for Medicaid in Ohio you can now do it online. Coverage applications begin Jan. 1, 2014.
8. Last week a Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy teacher’s photo used on a "revenge porn" website surfaced. This week school officials say the teacher has resigned.
9. Did you hit the casinos in Ohio last month? A report will be out soon showing how well they did.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A woman was shot in her knee while sitting outside on her Avondale balcony Friday night.
A man is dead after he was shot in the face late Friday afternoon in Over-the-Rhine.
Chris Heisey hit two home runs and drove in four runs and Brandon Phillips added a homer and three RBI.
Following what state authorities called ‘one of the largest heroin busts in Kentucky history,’ U.S. Senate Republican Leader…
When Small Town America celebrates one of its own, it holds a parade. And that's what Lawrenceburg is doing for Nick Goepper.
What would be more fun: skiing around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway or driving the pace car at the 500? Nick Goepper might find out.
A chase involving a stolen vehicle ended in a crash Friday in Mount Healthy, police said.
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine was taken to Christ Hospital Friday after falling ill before a speaking engagement in Cincinnati.
A local Marine is dead after police say he was shot in the head by a fellow Marine in California this past weekend.