Space heater used to keep mule warms sparks blaze

STONELICK TOWNSHIP, Ohio – A man trying to keep his mule warm on a back porch inadvertently burned down his own home.

The owner of a house at 1850 Ohio 131 near Chestnut lane told fire officials he placed a heating device near his mule for the night. That heater fell over into nearby hay, sparking the blaze that would consume the whole structure.

The fire was first reported at about 9:10 p.m. By the time firefighters arrived flames already moved up the back of the house and eventually spread into the living room, second floor and attic.

No one was injured in the incident. The house was a total loss.

Print this article Back to Top