Use promo code MONDAY, and
your sign-up price is only $14.99.
'His dream basically blew up'
"I've done three things in my life," Pucket said. "Go to school, work and raise goats."
There's more to the story when you become an Insider. WCPO Insider's membership is an additional benefit on top of everything you can get for free on WCPO.com. We created an entire digital organization dedicated to bringing you exclusive access to in-depth stories that you can’t get anywhere else, handpicked events, and incredible savings on things you love to do. To find out more click here.
BATAVIA TWP., Ohio -- A fire left a man to mourn Wednesday after it took the lives of his prized goats within a few hours.
Tyler Puckett's goats won awards at competitions around the country, and helped fuel his passion.
Puckett's eight prized goats, including two kids, died in a fire that burned his Clermont County barn. Puckett's grandfather, Ronnie said they'd used a heat lamp to keep the newborns warm.
"We think the mom got up this morning waking them up and heat the heat lamp and it either busted or…" Puckett said. "I can't say I'm doing good. I can't say I'm doing bad. I say, I, I, I have two left. The two that I have are bucks, but the babies - the future of my whole farm are gone."
His next step is to build pens to keep the two bucks safe. Puckett plans to stay busy with the task, and try to keep his mind away from his hard loss.
"This is a part of me," he said. "This has been a part of me for seven years."
Ronnie Puckett said his, "dream basically blew up."
RELATED: Adams County family loses 17 horses to barn fire
All 7 newborn shark ray pups die at Newport Aquarium