CINCINNATI - Several Congressional sources confirm Cincinnati will receive nearly $11 million from the Department of Transportation for the streetcar project.
The $10,920,000 grant advance notice says this project would design and construct the Riverfront Loop, supplementing the Phase 1 route of the Cincinnati Streetcar.
The money comes from the DOT's National Infrastructure Investments or TIGER III Discretionary Grants Program.
Sources say the official announcement, which had been expected Wednesday, has been pushed back to Thursday.
The DOT press office would not confirm the grant when asked about it on Wednesday.
Copyright Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
After heated debate Wednesday, City Council voted 5-4 to suspend the streetcar project pending an audit.
A confidential memo given to Cincinnati's city manager in 2011 states the city would likely have to pay all costs for moving utilities as…
The streetcar workers have been told to start slowing things down, according to streetcar project executive John Deatrick. But what's…
Councilman Christopher Smitherman said his brother was contacted in November about working for MPD.
City Council appears likely to vote Wednesday to suspend streetcar project for 30 days pending an audit.
As he was sworn into office, Mayor John Cranley took aim at the streetcar project.
Milton Dohoney, Jr. pushed Tuesday for economic development during the streetcar project, just before preparing to leave city hall.
Cincinnati may forfeit $40 million in grants if the streetcar project is canceled, a federal administrator said.
Mayor-elect John Cranley announced Wednesday night that City Manager Milton Dohoney Jr. has agreed to resign by the time Cranley and the next…
Using the motto, “Cincinnati: Let Us Grow,” the pro-streetcar group wants to get busy before Mayor-elect John Cranley and a new…