CINCINNATI - The third annual Cincinnati Half Marathon takes place this weekend.
On Saturday Oct. 20, participants can either run or walk on a flat, fast course throughout downtown Cincinnati. The race features a USATF certified course, medals to all finishers, gala finish line celebration, tech shirts and custom awards to the top three in each age groups.
Proceeds go to the Spina Bifida Association of Cincinnati.
Runners will begin at the intersection of E. Pete Rose Way and Eggleston Avenue, pass the Bengals and Reds' stadiums, loop around the historic Longworth building, then head back downtown on Race Street, and pass Fountain Square to Riverside Drive.
The following streets will be closed from 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- E. Pete Rose Way: closed between Eggelston Avenue and Mehring Way(Closes at 6:30 AM)
- Mehring Way: closed between W Pete Rose Way and E Pete Rose Way
- W. Pete Rose Way: eastbound only closed between Gest Street and Central Avenue
- Gest Street: closed between Third Street and Mehring Way
- E. Pete Rose Way: closed between Eggleston Avenue and Broadway
- Central Avenue: south bound only closed between Third Street and Mehring Way
- Joe Nuxhall Way: closed between Mehring Way and Second Street
- Second Street: closed east of Elm Street
- Elm Street: closed between Second Street and Mehring Way
- Race Street: one lane only open between Fifth Street and Third Street
- Fifth Street: closed between Elm Street and Broadway
- Sentinel Street: closed between Fifth Street and Eggleston Avenue
- Eggleston Avenue: south bound only closed between Reedy St and E. Pete Rose Way
- Riverside Drive: eastbound only closed between Eggleston Ave and Delta Avenue
Registration begins at 5:30 a.m. For more information on the Cincinnati Half Marathon visit http://cincyhalfmarathon.com/Half%20Marathon.htm .
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.