- Light fog
CINCINNATI - An unattended stove was the result of a one-alarm structure fire at a home in Westwood.
At 2:16 p.m. Sunday afternoon, the Cincinnati Emergency Communications Center received a telephone call reporting a house fire at 2148 Weron Avenue.
The fire units first on the scene reported a working fire in the kitchen of the single-family dwelling. Fire crews are reported to have contained the blaze to that area and extinguish the main body of the fire in approximately 10 minutes.
The fire was determined to have originated in the kitchen area as the result of food being left on an unattended stove.
There was one occupant at the time of the fire, and he was able to exit the house before the fire units arrived on scene, fire officials said. There are no reports of any injuries at this time.
Damage to the home is estimated at approximately $5,000.00.
For further information please contact District 3 Fire Chief, Rob McWilliams at (513) 352-2333.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.