Lowdown: Banfield Pet Hospital is seeking to hire a veterinary technician to support the veterinarians in ensuring quality veterinary care for all pets. The vet tech advocates for pets, educates clients on all aspects of pet health, and ensures a safe and effective hospital environment. The position requires current veterinary technician credentials, including licensure. Applicants who do not have current veterinary technician credentials may still apply, but will only be considered for non-credentialed positions within the hospital including veterinary assistant, pet care assistant and client Service Coordinator positions.
• Personal learning
• Customer focus
• Peer relationships
• Action oriented
• Ensure medical quality
• Effective communication
• Drive for results
• Priority setting
• Functional skills
Capabilities and experience:
• Ability to multi-task: Manage multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shift attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
• Communication skills: Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms.
• Demonstrates exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Organizational ability: Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
• Problem-solving skills: Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
• Client service skills: Consistently ensures the team provides the client with attentive, courteous and informative service. Gains and shows personal satisfaction from delivering great service.
• Intellectual ability: Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions.
• Mathematical ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to convert units of measurement.
• Computer skills: Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized medical software, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
-- Contact Banfield Pet Hospital for a list of benefits