Use promo code MONDAY, and
your sign-up price is only $14.99.
Fire started in concession stand, no injuries reported
The AMC Theater at Newport on the Levee was evacuated for a short time Tuesday evening after a fire in the concession area.
There's more to the story when you become an Insider. WCPO Insider's membership is an additional benefit on top of everything you can get for free on WCPO.com. We created an entire digital organization dedicated to bringing you exclusive access to in-depth stories that you can’t get anywhere else, handpicked events, and incredible savings on things you love to do. To find out more click here.
The AMC Theater at Newport on the Levee was briefly evacuated due to a concession fire on April 8, 2014. (Photo: Bruce McLean)
NEWPORT, Ky. -- The AMC Theater at Newport on the Levee was evacuated for a short time Tuesday evening after a fire in the concession area sent smoke through the theater.
Grease from a popcorn machine caught fire at about 7:30 p.m., spreading smoke through various areas of the theater and setting off smoke alarms, Capt. Dietz of the Newport Fire Department said. All theaters were evacuated, but people were permitted to remain in the mall.
Firefighters used large overhead fans in the Levee to fight the smoke.
Once the smoke cleared at about 8:30 p.m., theater staff started to resume normal operations, Dietz said.
No one was hurt in the fire.