Grease fire damages Newport apartment

a a a a
Share this story

NEWPORT, Ky. - Fire crews say a grease fire caused damage to a Newport apartment complex Wednesday afternoon.

A call was received by the Campbell County Consolidated Dispatch Center at 2:44 p.m. of a fire located on the first floor of the complex at 210 Bluegrass Avenue.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to a couple of rooms, with smoke damage to the rest of the building. Authorities said one person's arm was burned and two dogs were rescued.

No one was transported to the hospital.

Officials said kitchen grease was to blame for the blaze.


 

Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print this article