Photo Video
Fire at Phi Gamma Delta fraternity house at Miami
Hide Caption
Fire at fraternity house at Miami University
Hide Caption
Picture provided
Hide Caption

Phi Gamma Delta house was damaged by fire early Saturday

a a a a
Share this story

OXFORD, Ohio - A Miami University fraternity house was heavily damaged after a fire tore through the building early Saturday morning.

Fire crews responded to the Phi Gamma Delta house on 130 N. High Street just after 12 a.m. to find flames shooting out of the back of the building.

"I believe it was being fueled by a storage of items in a recreation type room. It looked to be couches and mattresses pretty much stacked floor to ceiling," said Chief John Detherage of the Oxford Fire Department.

Fifteen students inside the building were able to get out safely. No one was injured.

Multiple crews responded to assist the Oxford Fire Department. 



 

Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print this article