CINCINNATI - September continues to be a hot time in the Tri-State, and there is plenty going on around the region, as usual.
1. It’s going to be a hot one, then a seasonable one. We’re talking weather, with 9 First Warning Weather forecasting highs in the 90s at the beginning of the week and chances of rain. Here’s your forecast.
2. What are gas prices looking like this week? We’ll tell you here.
3. The Cincinnati Reds are tied with the Pittsburgh Pirates right now, coming off a sweep of the L.A. Dodgers. The Redlegs play at Great American Ball Park this week against the Chicago Cubs and then are off to Milwaukee to face the Brewers.
4. It’s been 12 years since the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Wednesday is the anniversary of the tragedy.
5. The Hoxworth Blood Center and Cincinnati Fire Department are promoting blood donation in remembrance of the victims of 9/11. You can go to hoxworth.org or call 513-451-0910 to find out where you can donate.
6. Pre-teen girls have something to look forward to with Girls On The Run starting this week. GOTR is a 10-week initiative aimed at building self-esteem for girls while teaching them healthy habits. It culminates in an October 5K.
7. How are local companies keeping the customer at the center of their marketing plans? We’ll find out this week at Digital Dialog Cincinnati, an event meant to show off Cincinnati’s expertise.
8. Professional football is back. The Bengals aren’t playing this weekend, but you can catch them against the Pittsburgh Steelers next Monday night.
9. The latest from Syria has Syrian President Bashar Assad promising reprecussions against any U.S. military strikes.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Students, street artists and community activists made their way to the campus of Northern Kentucky University to raise money for a good cause…
Sample Samsa , taste Tabaka , and then kick up your heels on the dance floor at this eatery on Fields Ertel Road.
The former Northern Kentucky University athletic director accused of stealing $311,215 in university funds is going to prison for 10 years in…
The final week of Lent finds our #FFFCincy diners back on the west side, in search of the famed Little Flower Church fish sandwich on…
The Cincinnati Zoo hosted an Easter egg hunt for 1-year-old baby gorilla Gladys and her family on Thursday, April 17, 2014. Staff members…
Dave Stubbs aims to survive (his) term as mayor of the historical city and still be on speaking terms with his friends and neighbors.
This time of year, high school seniors are deciding where to go to college. For many young women and their parents, the issue of campus…
A vehicle was stolen from Dayton, Ky. and the driver crashed it into a Union Township home Thursday morning after a police chase.
The Cincinnati Cyclones' postseason march to the Kelly Cup begins Thursday night in Orlando.
Fifth Third Bancorp says its first-quarter net income fell 25 percent, mostly on a decline in its investment in its former Vantiv…