CINCINNATI - September continues to be a hot time in the Tri-State, and there is plenty going on around the region, as usual.
1. It’s going to be a hot one, then a seasonable one. We’re talking weather, with 9 First Warning Weather forecasting highs in the 90s at the beginning of the week and chances of rain. Here’s your forecast.
2. What are gas prices looking like this week? We’ll tell you here.
3. The Cincinnati Reds are tied with the Pittsburgh Pirates right now, coming off a sweep of the L.A. Dodgers. The Redlegs play at Great American Ball Park this week against the Chicago Cubs and then are off to Milwaukee to face the Brewers.
4. It’s been 12 years since the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Wednesday is the anniversary of the tragedy.
5. The Hoxworth Blood Center and Cincinnati Fire Department are promoting blood donation in remembrance of the victims of 9/11. You can go to hoxworth.org or call 513-451-0910 to find out where you can donate.
6. Pre-teen girls have something to look forward to with Girls On The Run starting this week. GOTR is a 10-week initiative aimed at building self-esteem for girls while teaching them healthy habits. It culminates in an October 5K.
7. How are local companies keeping the customer at the center of their marketing plans? We’ll find out this week at Digital Dialog Cincinnati, an event meant to show off Cincinnati’s expertise.
8. Professional football is back. The Bengals aren’t playing this weekend, but you can catch them against the Pittsburgh Steelers next Monday night.
9. The latest from Syria has Syrian President Bashar Assad promising reprecussions against any U.S. military strikes.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
All your Friday morning traffic delays.
Not one board member came out in support of guns in the classroom at Thursday's Boone County School Board meeting with its Safety…
The Lenten season has begun and we've complied a list of the most popular fish fry locations in the Tri-State
Greenpeace protesters 'work like SWAT teams,' said a former co-founder of the global environmental group.
Procter & Gamble says it is improving security after a simple entry set off an elaborate, well-orchestrated demonstration on the…
Four people were arrested Thursday morning in what the Northern Kentucky Drug Strike Force (NKDSF) is calling one of the largest heroin busts…
The 2014 Pothole Blitz should smooth out the ride for drivers, and smooth out the problem blamed for flat tires, busted alignments and maybe…
"We want them to have a plan that they've practiced -- that they've shared with their employees -- not just their security…
Palm oil made the slope slippery for Procter & Gamble this week. But exactly why is Greenpeace perturbed by the consumer product…
There was good news and bad news from the Reds pitching staff in their 3-2 loss to the San Francisco Giants Thursday afternoon.