CINCINNATI - From Jackie Robinson day to a questionable Kmart advertisement, we've got 9 things you should know this week.
- Although weather is expected to be dry on Monday, conditions won't stay that way all week. The 9 First Warning Weather forecast projects rain for the remainder of the week , with things drying out starting Saturday.
- Reds fans rejoice: The team will be playing the next 10 games in Cincinnati, starting with today's Jackie Robinson Day meeting at 7:10 p.m. against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Opponents of Cincinnati's proposed parking plan could be closer to halting the deal until voters can have their say. The Hamilton County Board of Elections will start counting signatures on petitions aimed at stopping the city from leasing out parking Monday.
- April 15 is Tax Day! If your return is causing you a headache, we've got some stress relievers for you , with a list of freebies to make this taxing day more bearable.
- April 15 is also Jackie Robinson Day, so expect to see your Reds players (and everyone else in Major League baseball) sporting the number "42."
- Gas prices dip again this week, with AAA reporting the average gallon costing $3.38 in the area, 15 cents cheaper than this week's national average.
- Ohio's new license plate design is here, featuring 46 slogans that describe the state, including "With God All Things Are Possible." They're on sale until June 30 unless the Bureau of Motor Vehicles runs out beforehand.
- Talk about a play on words, Kmart is running an ad with the message "Ship my pants" that's causing a viral buzz.
- Dish Network is offering to buy Sprint Nextel Corp. for $25.5 billion this week , bypassing a bid from Japanese phone company SoftBank.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.