CINCINNATI - It's Macy's Music Festival time again, when thousands of fans flock to the Tri-State. We've rounded up 9 things you should know about the event.
1. The basics? This year's festival is held July 26 and 27 at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster and at the ticket office at Paul Brown Stadium. More than 60,000 fans are expected.
2. Performers: Expect to see a slew of talent: Jill Scott, Charlie Wilson, TGT (featuring Tyrese, Ginuwine and Tank), Bootsy Collins, Razzberry White, Mike Martin and The Faize Band are on deck for Friday night. On Saturday you can get trapped in the closet with R. Kelly, and hear from KEM, Fantasia, Morris Day and The Time and Leela James.
3. It's only been called the Macy's Music Festival since 2005. Originally known as the Ohio Valley Jazz Festival, the concert event was first held in 1962 and has been hosted at French Lick Indiana, the Carthage Fairgrounds and Hamilton County Fairgrounds.
4. Famous faces have been in the spotlight at past Macy's Music Festivals. Aretha Franklin, Miles Davis, Patti Labelle, Duke Ellington and Whitney Houston have all taken the stage.
5. A number of local acts are performing, too. You can read more about that here .
6. Macy's Music Festival wants you to share your favorite moments. You can do this by posting on the Facebook page. The Macy's Music Festival YouTube channel has videos. And, you can follow the action on Twitter, too.
7. According to organizers, more than 75 percent of festival attendees come from out of town, so expect downtown hotels to be at capacity.
8. Cincinnati is excited to host the festival, and Mayor Mark Mallory's Operation Hospitality Intiative is working to create a visitor experience around the weekend.
9. Hungry? After you work up an appetite at the show, check this list of late-night dinner options compiled by festival organizers.
Share your Macy's Music Festival experience with us! Tweet to @WCPO and share your photos and reactions.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.