Fire crews at the scene of a Covington fire early April 18.
Hide Caption

Kitchen fire displaces Covington family

a a a a
Share this story

COVINGTON, Ky. - A kitchen fire caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Covington home early Thursday morning.

A fire started at a home in the 200 block of East 12th Street at about 3:30 a.m. Fire crews responded to the scene and extinguished the blaze without any injuries.

Upon investigation, officials say the fire started in the kitchen, although they have not yet said what caused it.

The fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damage. The fire has displaced the family for at least one day, according to authorities.

Officials have not released any additional information about the fire at this time.

Stay with 9 On Your Side and WCPO.com for updates as they become available.
 


View Larger Map

Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print this article

Comments

Hmm... It looks like you’re not a WCPO Insider. or Subscribe now to contribute!