- Light snow
WALTON, Ky. - A house fire spared nothing except the family that lived there.
Fire destroyed a house, three cars, a camper and a garage in Walton Friday afternoon, officials said.
Welders were working in the basement of a house on Maher Road near Tonya Drive, and that's where the fire started, Florence Fire Chief Marc Muench said.
The welders broke for lunch and residents saw smoke and ran out, 9 On Your Side's Ron Fischer reported.
Several propane tanks exploded and firefighters had to evacuate the house to fight the fire from outside.
"I heard a couple of little bangs and the lady came running out of the door and, all of sudden, flames started shooting out of the garage," said landscaper Robert Patrick.
There were two cars in the garage and a pickup in the driveway. All were burned to scrap.
There were no injuries, Fischer reported.
Five departments fought the blaze. Florence was assisted by Walton, Union, Elsmere and Erlanger.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.