CINCINNATI -- A Hamilton County Commissioner and a Cincinnati Councilman will join local health leaders and local agencies to announce a campaign promoting safe sleep for babies on Tuesday.
Todd Portune and Wendell Young will team up with Kroger Co., leaders at area hospitals and area agencies to promote safe sleeping for babies during the month of October.
The press conference is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. at the Fifth Third Convening Center at United Way of Great Cincinnati.
The Safe to Sleep Public Education Campaign lists tips on safe sleeping for infants:
- Use a firm sleep surface, such as a mattress n a safety-approved crib, covered by a fitted sheet
- Make sure nothing covers the baby’s head
- Do not use pillows, blankets, sheepskins or crib bumpers anywhere in your baby’s sleep area
- Always place your baby on his or her back to sleep, for naps and at night
- Keep soft objects, toys, and loose bedding out of your baby’s sleep area
- Dress your baby in light sleep clothing, such as a one-piece sleeper and do not use a blanket
- Do not smoke or let anyone smoke around your baby
- Baby should not sleep in an adult bed, on a couch, or on a chair, alone, with you or with anyone else
For an interactive look at how a safe sleep environment should look, click here: http://www.nichd.nih.gov/sts/about/environment/room/Pages/default.aspx
For more information on crib safety, click here: http://cs.cpsc.gov/ConceptDemo/SearchCPSC.aspx?query=http://www.cpsc.gov/info/cribs/index.html&OldURL=true&autodisplay=true
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The band director who led the Lakota West High School Marching Firebirds to national fame has been suspended for allegedly using his position…
Two people accused of shooting another person in the leg Thursday afternoon were arrested across the street from an elementary school in Covington.
Bengals officials and Hamilton County administrators have come together on an agreement that paves the way for General Electric Co. and as…
Two girls were transported to a local hospital after being struck by an SUV while riding a motorized bike near A.J. Jolly Park Thursday afternoon.
We asked our 9 On Your Side Facebook fans what Easter candies they wish they could eat all year long. Here's what they said!
Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana list thousands of sex offenders using an interactive map.
The former Northern Kentucky University athletic director accused of stealing $311,215 in university funds has agreed to serve 10 years in…
In this week's "Ask the Nurse," spring means bats are swinging, balls are flying, and players of all ages are sliding into…
The Cincinnati Cyclones' postseason march to the Kelly Cup begins Thursday night in Orlando.
Dave Stubbs aims to survive (his) term as mayor of the historical city and still be on speaking terms with his friends and neighbors.