CINCINNATI - We did an unscientific poll around the water cooler and found we can all agree to disagree on at least 17 things. Tell us what sides you come down on in these do-or-die battles.
Fights you won't win in Cincinnati
- East Side vs. West Side
The mother of all unwinnable fights.
- Skyline vs. Gold Star
Unless you want to deal with "...because it's better" logic all day.
- Graeter's vs. Aglamesis Bros.
Some people are pretty serious about chocolate chips.
- Ohio vs. Kentucky
It's a hard battle when each side refers to the other as "across the river."
- Where you went to high school vs. where someone else went to high school
Because this is almost as important as your name when it comes to your identity.
- LaRosa's vs. any other pizza
Do you even know your home phone number anymore? Probably not, but you can recite the LaRosa's digits without blinking an eye.
- Loving goetta vs. "Gross. Why would you?"
A lot of these fights are over food. What does that say about us? Never mind.
- OTR then vs. now
Old reputations die hard, but hipsters may win out.
- Opening Day vs. every other day
Actually, not even sure if anyone would argue this isn't the best day of the year.
- Pete Rose: Good vs. Evil
Or good enough to be in the Hall of Fame even if he was evil enough to bet on baseball?
- Love the Bengals vs. love the Bengals enough to buy a ticket
Or maybe we can all agree the NFL blackout isn't very fair at all?
- UC vs. Xavier
Crosstown Shootout--er, CLASSIC--anybody?
- Bogart's vs. Riverbend
Maybe this depends on what kind of music you're into.
- Best local beer
Because who drinks Bud Light in this town anymore?
- Oktoberfest: Downtown vs. Covington and Germania vs. Donauschwaben
Let's just agree whichever one has the shortest Porta-Potty line probably wins.
- Streetcar: Yay or nay?
This might be the question of the year.
- Ohio vs. Kentucky part two: Which side of the river is best to watch Riverfest?
PS. We'd love if you'd share your secret spot, but you don't have to.