Crews at the scene of the Alexandria, Ky., fire early Wednesday morning.
Hide Caption

Chimney behind Alexandria house fire

a a a a
Share this story

ALEXANDRIA, Ky. - A house fire early Wednesday morning forced a Northern Kentucky family out of their home.

It happened on Smith Road across from Flag Springs Golf Course near the AA Highway in Alexandria just before 6 a.m. Wednesday.

Everyone evacuated the home safely. 9 News spoke with the family who said the fire started in the chimney.  We're told minimal damages was done to the home. 

No word on what caused the fire and crews have not determined the cost of damages.

Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print this article


Hmm... It looks like you’re not a WCPO Insider. or Subscribe now to contribute!