4 people displaced after Hamilton house fire

a a a a
Share this story

HAMILTON, Ohio - Four people are searching for temporary housing as a result of a structure fire at a home in Hamilton early Sunday evening.

According to a press release from the Hamilton Fire Department, eroded electric service wires caused a fire in a utility closet at a home located at 302 Michael Avenue around 4 p.m.

The home owner suffered burns to his hand while trying to extinguish the fire with a portable fire extinguisher. fire officials said.

Fire crews spent two hours on the scene containing the blaze. No firefighters were injured.

Damage to the property is estimated at $25,000.


View Larger Map

Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print this article

Comments

Hmm... It looks like you’re not a WCPO Insider. or Subscribe now to contribute!