A WCPO analysis finds pay gaps persist among top-ranking executives at Cincinnati's 33 public companies.
Women represent more than 20 percent of senior managment teams, but only 9 percent of the top earners at the companies where they work.
Other findings include:
• Combined, the 15 women make, on average, about $991,000 less than their male counterparts.
• The larger the corporation, the larger the average compensation gap. For companies with less than $300 million in market capitalization, the gap is about $67,000. But for companies with $10 billion or more in market capitalization, the gap is about $2.2 million
• The gap varies by position. For CFOs, it’s $729,000. For the two women serving as general counsel, the pay gap is $548,000. And Convergys Corp. pays CEO Andrea Ayers $287,000 less than the $3.4 million average for other Tri-State CEOs.
Become a WCPO Insider to learn why pay disparities persist and what local women at the top of their company's pay charts say about gender equity.
- This limited time bundle includes
- Two tickets to TEDX Cincinnati
- WCPO Insider Exclusive TEDX Happy Hour
- WCPO Insider Annual Membership
Become an annual WCPO Insider and receive:
2 Tickets to TEDx Cincinnati
Exclusive access to our TEDx Happy Hour