CINCINNATI -- This Sunday’s Academy Awards ceremony marks the 25th anniversary of "Rain Man" winning four Oscars, including Best Picture, Best Actor for Dustin Hoffman, Best Director and Best Screenplay.
But the film's significance goes beyond its accolades: It shined a Hollywood spotlight on Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
Several scenes in “Rain Man” -- which starred Tom Cruise and Hoffman -- were filmed in the Greater Cincinnati area and have helped promote and build the local film community.
Shooting locations included:
- St. Anne Convent in Melbourne, Ky.
- The John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge
- Evergreen Cemetery in Southgate, Ky.
- The Dixie Terminal Building in Cincinnati
- Pompilio's Italian Restaurant in Newport, Ky.
- Columbia Parkway (U.S. Route 50) in Cincinnati
- Children's Hospital Vernon Manor in Cincinnati
- The offices of WCET Channel 48 in Cincinnati
- The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport in Hebron, Ky.
- A home on Beech Crest Lane