CINCINNATI - There are plenty of places in the Tri-State where you can escape for a morning walk or a weekend run to help get a better routine going for your heart health.
Our top 9 picks:
1. Ault Park: A staple of Cincinnati's East Side, Ault Park is full of hiking trails and walking paths through its famous gardens. The park is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
Address: Observatory Avenue in Mt. Lookout, Cincinnati, 45208
2. Eden Park: Tucked away in Mount Adams, Eden Park has one of the best views of Cincinnati's skyline. While walking through this popular park, you can check out the Magnolia Garden, memorial tree groves, and the Bettman Fountain.
Address: 950 Eden Park Dr, Cincinnati, 45202
3. Devou Park: Located in Covington, this park overlooks Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati. Surrounded by trees and trails, Devou Park is also home to the popular venue Drees Pavilion and the Behringer-Crawford Museum.
Address: 1344 Audubon Road, Covington, Ky. 41011
4. Sawyer Point: This mile-long stretch along the Ohio River is sandwiched between Smale Riverfront Park and the Berry International Friendship Park. Enjoy the view of the city's riverfront while taking a stroll, walk or run through this nice flat area.
Address: 705 East Pete Rose Way, Cincinnati
5. Mt. Airy Forest: Located in Westwood, Mt. Airy Forest consists of more than 1,400 acres of land that harbors some of the city's best hiking trails, a dog park, Ohio's only wheelchair accessible public tree house, and much more.
Address: 5083 Colerain Ave Cincinnati, 45223
6. East Fork Lake: East Fork State Park has 32 miles of trails that circle the park with four hiking-only trails that range in distance from half a mile to 2 miles. The park overlooks the Ohio River in Clermont County's rolling hills and has a scenic background.
Address: 3294 Elklick Road, Bethel, Ohio, 45106
7. England-Idlewood Park: The England-Idlewood Park features 290 acres of wooded and open areas with paved walking and hiking trails with fitness stations and a dog park adjacent to the park.
Address: 5550 Idlewild, Burlington Ky., 41005
8. Tower Park in Ft. Thomas: Located near South Fort Thomas Avenue, Tower Park offers a variety of walking trails on 86.6 acres of land. Restroom facility and three sheltered picnic areas are also available.
Address: Douglas Dr Fort Thomas, Ky., 41075
9. Pine Hills Lakes Park: This Mason staple has more than 2 miles of nature trails and wooded areas, including some paved paths. A wildlife habitat is also available for wildlife viewing, which is certified by the National Wildlife Federation.
Address: 211 Kings Mills Road, Mason, Ohio
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Lane Home Furniture urged people to check if they own a cedar chest it stopped making nearly 30 years ago, after two children recently…
General Motors on Tuesday doubled to 1.6 million the number of small cars it is recalling to fix faulty ignition switches linked to multiple…
Flowers are one of the hottest gifts for Valentine's Day. They're also one of the shortest-lived presents. We're taking a look at…
General Motors is recalling almost 780,000 older-model compact cars in North America because a faulty ignition switch can shut off the…
Graco is recalling nearly 3.8 million car safety seats because children can get trapped by buckles that may not unlatch.
The FDA is warning against eating Uncle Ben's rice products served at schools, restaurants, hospitals and other food service institutions…
The average price of regular gasoline in the U.S. has fallen 2 cents a gallon during the past two weeks.
So what were your favorite commercials during the 2014 Super Bowl? Here were some of the favorites, as voiced by some of our viewers on…
Some of the busiest businesses in the Tri-State on Saturday were car washes as people looked to take advantage of unseasonably warm…
Subcompact cars fared poorly in new crash tests performed by an insurance industry group.