LOVE CITY, USA - Each Saturday we feature recently engaged, committed or married couples from around the Tri-State.
Foundation of friendship
- Newly Engaged: Eric Ihlendorf and Molly Roettgers
- Wedding Date: June 14, 2014
- Location of Wedding: Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Norwood, Ohio
- Location of Reception: The Kolping Center, Cincinnati
Molly Roettgers, daughter of David and Rebecca Roettgers of Sycamore Township, Oh., is engaged to Eric Ihlendorf, son of David and Patricia Ihlendorf, also of Sycamore Township, Oh.
Ms. Roettgers, 26, is a hematology/oncology nurse at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. Mr. Ihlendorf, 30, is a seventh grade special education teacher at Springboro Junior High.
The pair met in the summer of 2009 through mutual friends, but soon after, the bride-to-be moved to St. Louis to finish her senior year of nursing school.
The two later reconnected at her graduation, and have been inseparable ever since. By August 2010, while on a trip with friends to Lake Cumberland, the pair realized their feelings ran much deeper than initially thought, and without a doubt, they were in love.
On the bride-to-be’s 25th birthday, Mr. Ihlendorf decided it was finally time to seal the deal and proposed to Ms. Roettgers at Valley Vineyards in front of 20 of their closest friends.
The groom-to-be says he is absolutely in love with Ms. Roettgers’ contagious laugh and her ability to always make him feel like a better person. Ms. Roettgers says it is her groom-to-be’s passion for life that continues to draw her to him.
Why it works: The pair says it is the examples set by both of their parents that helped to mold them into the couple they are today. Having learned about the strength and unconditional love it takes to make a marriage work, both are now prepared for the life ahead of them. In addition, they refuse to hold each other back, and always encourage each other to go further, push harder, and truly achieve every goal in mind.
The couple currently lives in Kenwood and plans to remain there after their nuptials.
How to share your happy story with us:
Email your engagement, wedding and commitment ceremony news to email@example.com. Be sure to include:
- Name of the couple
- Date of the engagement or ceremony
- Telephone numbers email addresses for both parties
- A few lines about how you met
We'll be in touch for more details!
Virtual romance gets real
- Newly Engaged: Adam Meece and Erinn Kelley
- Wedding Date: September 20, 2014
- Location of Wedding and Reception: Cincinnati
Erinn Kelley, daughter of Dan and Carol Kelley of Southeast Michigan, is engaged to Adam Meece, son of Curry and Sarah Meece of Northern Kentucky. Ms. Kelley, 30, is physician assistant. Mr. Meece, 28, is in sales.
The couple met online in 2012, spending the first couple of months flirting online before meeting face-to-face in July. By the end of the second date, both were aware that this virtual romance was headed for a long-term commitment. On the first nniversary of their second date, the groom-to-be took his beloved to the Precinct for the meal of her lifetime. It was there that he asked her to spend the rest of her life with him.
The couple says they are in awe of each other’s special qualities. The groom-to-be sees his future wife as beautiful and the smartest woman he has ever known. She admires his desire for achievement and his undying ability to always make her laugh.
- Why it works: The pair believes in "a forever kind of love:" one that does not end with the dissolution of youth, but instead perseveres through old age and all of life’s little twists and turns. The bride to-be looks to her parents and their 30-year commitment as her marital inspiration, while the groom-to-be relies on his sister and brother-in-law to teach him the realities of keeping each other happy.
The couple currently lives in Cincinnati, but plan to eventually move to Knoxville, Tenn.