CINCINNATI - The shooting in Newtown, Conn., has affected us as parents, children and a community. We asked nine of our community leaders to share their thoughts of encouragement and inspiration to help us work through our personal heartache as we continue to keep the families of the victims of this tragedy in our thoughts and prayers.
Special thanks to the team of leaders who responded to our call:
- Richard A Braun, Cincinnati Fire Chief
- James E. Craig, Cincinnati Police Chief
- Terri Cox-Cruey, superintendent of Kenton County Schools
- Lynnette Heard, president & CEO, Bridges for a Just Community
- William "BJ" Jetter, Sycamore Township Fire Chief
- Mary Ronan, superintendent, Cincinnati Public Schools
- Brent Seelmeyer, president, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Cincinnati
- Brian Tome, senior pastor, Crossroads Church
- Heather Turner, executive director, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Hamilton County
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.