CINCINNATI - How lucky are we? Over the summer, Tri-State residents get to head down to Yeatman's Cove for free music along the riverfront. Rocking your summer Wednesday nights since 1976, Party in the Park routinely draws thousands of attendees.
Did we mention it's free?
This year's summer series got a great start on a balmy evening, with the Queen City in all her glory. Here's the story in 9 images that are sure to get you in the mood.
1. Warm temperatures helped bring out hundreds of people to the first Party in the Park of the season.
2. Why not? Morgan Tobin of Sharonville hula hoops to the music.
3. Friendship finds a place in the crowd.
4. Who needs a dance floor when there's a green carpet?
5. "Get out ya seats, people!" The popular Cincinnati dance band Naked Karate Girls kicked off the first night of Party in the Park.
6. Each member of Naked Karate Girls has a persona. Meet Teepie, Ponch, Jack Woo, and Mick Lovin' here.
7. Double or nothing? Joe Wagner of Price Hill, known as the "Shirtless Frisbee Guy," catches two flying discs.
8. Romance on the riverfront? This couple got close Wednesday night.
9. Never too young to rock! Christine Johnston of Walnut Hills with her son, Brendan Brewer, 1, enjoy the music.
Want more Party in the Park?
Look for more photos of Party in the Park next week!
All photos by WCPO Contibutor Samantha Grier. Connect with her on Twitter: @sgrierfoto .