CINCINNATI - A group of big-name entertainers including Ke$ha, The Shins, Willie Nelson and Alice Cooper are set to headline concerts at "The Shoe" — Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati's outdoor event plaza.
On Friday morning, Horseshoe Casino released The Shoe's 12-date live performance schedule, which includes a wide variety of entertainers, ranging from upbeat pop to outlaw country. Casino representatives announced earlier in March that The Killers would be their opening show on May 16. The Killers' show has since sold out.
Below is a list of the performers and the dates and prices of their shows.
- May 16- The Killers, which is sold out
- May 21- The Shins, $27 general admission
- June 8- Ke$ha, $40 general admission
- June 9- Huey Lewis & The News Sports 30th Anniversary Tour, Reserved/General Admission start at $29
- June 14- Billy Idol, $40 General Admission
- July 6- Last Summer On Earth Tour with Barenaked Ladies, Ben Folds Five, & Guster, $42.75 General Admission
- July 7- Alice Cooper, Reserved/General Admission start at $29
- July 19- An Evening with Willie Nelson & Family, Reserved/General Admission start at $35
- July 25- Under the Sun Tour with Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, Gin Blossoms, Vertical Horizon, & Fastball, $35 General Admission
- Aug. 23- Chicago, Reserved/General Admission start at $40
- Sept. 5- Jeff Dunham, Reserved/General Admission start at $45
- Sept. 22- Earth, Wind & Fire, Reserved/General Admission start at $40
Tickets go on sale Friday, April 5 at 10 a.m. and are available at www.Ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster outlets. All shows are rain or shine; all ages are welcome. For more information visit www.HorseshoeCincinnati.com/shows.html .
"The Shoe was created as a space to host big name entertainment in the heart of downtown Cincinnati and this schedule will allow us to do just that," casino Senior Vice President and General Manager Kevin Kline said in a news release. "We're delighted to welcome these legendary entertainers and their fans to our truly unique intimate outdoor setting."
Several additional acts are expected to perform at The Shoe this spring and summer, but they will be announced as dates are confirmed.
The Shoe is a one-acre plaza located at the front entrance of the new casino, which opened March 4, 2013.
To see photos of the acts set to perform, go to http://www.wcpo.com/gallery/news/news_photo_gallery/acts-set-to-perform-at-the-shoe .
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The Tri-State's casino market has four rivals battling furiously for market share, with the new guy in town, Cincinnati's Horseshoe…
As Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati opens, WCPO Digital takes a look back at promises made since 2009, when Ohio voters legalized gambling.…
Cincinnati's new casino has awarded more than 75 percent of its contracts for goods and services to companies located in Cincinnati and Ohio.
A Cincinnati woman won $1 million at Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati on Saturday.
All four of Ohio's casinos saw dips in April revenues compared to their March numbers.
John Matarese reports on which casino games give you the best chance of winning.
Darius Rucker will perform at the Horseshoe Casino in September; the latest in top-notch musicians to be announced at the new Cincinnati attraction.
After raking in $21 million in adjusted gross revenue in its first month of operation, Cincinnati's Horseshoe Casino has yet to pay at least…
A group of big-name entertainers including Ke$ha, The Shins, Willie Nelson and Alice Cooper are set to headline concerts at "The Shoe" --…
While many people have been excited to explore Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati, one local woman was angered and disappointed after she was kicked…