CINCINNATI - This weekend marks the beginning of the 2013 Sausage Queen competition for the annual Bockfest parade.
The role of the Sausage Queen is to lead the annual Bockfest Parade by carrying a symbolic Bockwurst sausage tray.
The gender-neutral pageant has several preliminary rounds in local bars before a winner is announced. The first round takes place this Saturday at Arnolds Bar and Grill this Saturday.
Six bars will sponsor a contestant to represent their establishment in the Bockfest Sausage Queen Finals during Bockfest.
Below is the schedule for the preliminary rounds:
- Arnold's Bar and Grill: Sat. Feb. 2 at 9 .m., 210 E. Eighth Street
- The Drinkery: Thursday Feb. 7 at 9 p.m., 1150 Main Street
- Neons: Sat. Feb. 9 at 9 p.m., 208 E. 12th Street
- Crazy Fox Saloon: Sat. Feb. 16 at 9 p.m., 901 Washington Ave, Newport
- Washington Platform: Thursday Feb. 21 at 9 p.m. , 1000 Elm Street
- Milton's: Sat. Feb. 23 at 9 p.m., 301 Milton Street
The final round will be held at the Bockfest Hall at the Christian Moerlein Brewery on March 2 from 7-8:30 p.m.
For information on registration or requirements visit http://www.bockfest.com/ .