CINCINNATI - A family escaped a South Fairmont house as it went up in flames Tuesday morning.
Seven people — four adults and three children — are safe after the house located at 2184 Clara Street caught fire around 6:45 a.m. A candle is to blame for the blaze, which caused $50,000 damage to the house, according to officials.
When crews arrived on the scene, there were heavy flames coming from the second floor of the house.
Emergency crews extinguished the fire and investigators are following up at the scene.
Officials have not released any additional details about the fire at this time.
Stay with 9 News and WCPO.com for updates as they become available.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A Colerain High School teacher has been placed on administrative leave after an initial investigation indicated potential criminal activity, the Northwest Local School District said Friday.