HAMILTON, Ohio - A family can thank their smoke detectors for their safe escape when their Hamilton home caught fire Wednesday morning.
The house located at 1344 Campbell Avenue caught fire around 6 a.m. Smoke detectors alerted the sleeping family, which allowed them to get out without any injuries.
The fire started in the first floor bedroom and it took fire crews more than two hours to extinguish the blaze. Officials say the cause of the fire was accidental.
The fire caused an estimated $25,000 damage to the house.
Authorities have not released any additional details about the fire at this time.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.