Donald Trump’s 'October surprise' about President Barack Obama has nothing to with allegations involving the president and cocaine, according to a Tuesday report.
Copyright Getty Images
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A Las Vegas Strip restaurant bearing the initials of celebrity financier Donald Trump was briefly shut down after health inspectors found violations including month-old caviar and expired yogurt.
DJT, the signature steakhouse at the Trump International Hotel, reopened Nov. 2 with a restored "A'' grade — several hours after Southern Nevada Health District officials logged 51 violations during a routine inspection.
Thirty violations merit a "C'' grade, district spokeswoman Jennifer Sizemore said Friday.
Inspectors reported finding outdated, expired, unlabeled, mishandled and improperly stored food, according to a summary posted on the health district's website. The closure was first reported by KTNV-TV as part of a "Dirty Dining" segment focused on area restaurants.
While ready-to-eat food can be stored for up to seven days, inspectors at DJT reported finding the old caviar and yogurt, duck that dated back to June, veal stock and tomato sauce that was almost two weeks old, and expired peanut dressing and black bean chili.
Inspectors found no measures to destroy parasites in undercooked halibut and salmon, and noted that raw tuna was being improperly thawed. Icicles were found in a faulty freezer.
A hotel marketing manager told KTNV that adjustments were made immediately, and delivering an exceptional experience to guests is a top priority.
Hotel officials didn't immediately respond to messages Friday from The Associated Press.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
The president and chief executive officer of The Associated Press on Sunday called the government's secret seizure of two months of reporters' phone records "unconstitutional" and said the news cooperative had not ruled out legal action.
Many sunscreens continue to carry SPF ratings that some experts consider misleading and potentially dangerous, according to a consumer watchdog group.