UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS - Eight people were displaced and three were injured after they were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide Saturday morning in University Heights, fire officials said.
Fire crews responded at approximately 4 a.m. to 133 Parker Street to find eight people suffering with various symptoms consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning, said District Fire Chief Gregory A. Potter.
Three people were taken to University of Cincinnati Medical Center to be evaluated and treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning, Potter said.
Fire crews searched the property and found carbon monoxide readings in excess of 400 parts per million, Potter said. Duke Energy crews sealed off all gas appliances.
The cause remains under investigation.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Yahoo is buying online blogging forum Tumblr for $1.1 billion as CEO Marissa Mayer tries to rejuvenate an Internet icon that had fallen behind the times.